Happy half birthday Reid! You are 6 months old now, which is very hard to believe! I had a moment where I freaked out because you'll only be my "baby" for another 6 months. Seriously, the days are flying by and I just don't know what to do with myself.
**Reid officially turned 6 months on January 1st. I'm really embarrassed I've been slacking on posting these on time! Since he'll be 8 months in just a few weeks, I figured I'd get caught up now!
There were a lot of fun "firsts" as well as some not so fun ones. We'll start with the fun ones first :)
- You officially became a sitter! You look absolutely adorable when you sit up! Its been really fun to watch you sit up and observe the world around you. You are such an observant little boy, you love to stare at everything. I often find myself wondering just what goes on in your little head.
- Because you're now a "sitter" you can eat all sorts of new foods. You love everything but the green veggies (like me) but don't worry, we still sneak them in. We started feeding you solids twice a day now and your other feedings are down to 5 a day. With all this eating its no surprise you're in the 98th percentile for your weight. Everyone always comments on what a big boy you are but you're just the perfect size to me!
- We also went on our first LONG road trip as a family of 3. We drove from Waco to Harlingen and it could not have gone better. We were so proud of you Reid! You slept like a champ and when you were awake you were cute and chatty. It was a great trip and it was so fun introducing you to the rest of la familia.
The not so fun firsts...
- You experienced your first cold/respiratory infection. Apparently it was going around like crazy and you caught the bug. It was awful. I HATE seeing you sick and not be able to do anything about it. You were sick for about 2 1/2 weeks so we were pretty much stuck at home during that time. You had such an awful cough that would wake you up every 2-3 hours. It was like having a newborn all over again.
Now its time for Reid picture overload. Enjoy. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment