5 months, Reid! I can't believe how fast the months are passing us by! Where is the time going? We've had so much fun with you this month. Here's what you've been up to....
You got to experience your first Baylor Homecoming! This is one of my favorite weekends all year and this one did not disappoint. We got the chance to stop by the SUB to meet up with old friends and show you off, of course. You even got to meet Bruiser while we were there! You went to your first (mine too!) Homecoming Parade and loved it. I loved getting to see all the fun floats. I really can't believe we'd never made it to the parade... well its probably because we go to the late showing of Pigskin and it lets out after midnight! We also went to your first Baylor football game. You made it to half time and we decided to call it a night. I'd also call it a successful Homecoming weekend. :)
 |
| with Bruiser! |
 |
| proud Grandpa |
 |
| at the parade |
 |
| with uncle Kyle and aunt Emily |
You had your first taste of rice cereal! You didn't seem to mind it but at the same time you weren't too crazy about it. It wasn't as dramatic as I thought it'd be; there was no spitting up, no wailing... you made a few funny faces, that's all. No fuss. That's one of the things I love about you. Since then, you've had your first tastes of sweet potatoes and pears. You love them both! I love getting to feed you "solids" now... i feel like you're such a big boy now! Side note: why do they call it "solids"? They are clearly not solid. Its pretty much a smoothie.
 |
| can i have some more please? |
 |
| trying to feed himself |
You also went on your first plane ride! It was a really short flight, and of course, I didn't document it. But, you did do fantastic! We sat in the very back of the plane just in case you melted down, but you didn't. You were sitting up looking all around, very intrigued by all of the people on board. So many people stopped to squeeze your little cheeks and comment on how cute you were/are. We went to Harlingen to see Momo and tia Amanda and lots of fun friends and family. It was a quick but super fun trip getting to see everyone swoon over you!
 |
|

For Thanksgiving, we headed to Hideaway Lake to spend time with Meemaw and Grandad. It was such a special time! We had amazing food, played Regression, watched football and ate until we couldn't anymore. I loved getting to see you smile and play with Meemaw! We also headed to Dallas for a few days and to attend your 2nd Baylor football game at the Cowboys stadium! I was a little worried because the game started at 6 and lasted through your bedtime, but you were amazing! We drove home that night and you slept the entire way... you're such happy traveler Reid!
 |
| with Jaynie |
 |
| Meemaw gives the best hugs! |
You are growing so fast and continue to amaze us each day little one. We count ourselves the luckiest people to be your parents. Happy 5 months!
No comments:
Post a Comment