Monday, February 16, 2009

Some Things are Hard to Understand



For the past couple of weeks, we've been faced with some sad and difficult news. 

On February 4th, we found out my dad had stage 4 stomach cancer. My dad... who once seemed untouchable, now has a horrible disease. I can still hardly believe it. I still replay that moment, which seems to have frozen in time for me, over and over. 

He's started chemotherapy - which is a good sign, I know. Its just a hard thing to swallow. I had always felt so far removed from cancer. I never thought it would affect me, my family; I'm sure no one does. 

I don't think I heard one bit of good news for 8 days straight. Towards the end of his hospital stay, I think I started trying to find the good in whatever the doctors were telling us; they looked at me like I was either stupid or crazy, probably both. No matter what they've told us, it still remains just that: what they said. I am still waiting for what God says. 
I've never had to cling on to hope like I am now.  Even though I may be holding on with just my pinky finger, I'm still holding on. 

Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, 
so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
Hebrews 12:3



1 comment:

Natalie Ward said...

praying for you friend... we too are faced with some similar situations... Love ya... nat