1. I graduated! My family came up from the Valley, my in-laws came in from Dallas... it was fun. I think my favorite part was having the people that supported me the most there with me to see me finish.
2. Christmas: I got sick right before Christmas and I am just now getting fully over it! We had an early Christmas with my parents and sister while they were here and spent Christmas Eve in Dallas. On Christmas day we drove back to Waco because I wasn't feeling any better and decided it'd be best to come home. It was weird spending Christmas day by ourselves eating Jack-in-the-Box and watching Cars {seriously, that's what we did}.
3. My sister is coming to UMHB in the Fall!!!! WOOO! She's only going to be 45 minutes away from me! I can't tell you how excited I am to have her that close. I am sure my parents don't feel that way... I am not sure they've fully gotten over my moving and now they're going to go through it again with Amanda. I know this is a common thing for most parents to face... but not mine. I am sure my parents never gave much thought to the idea that we might one day leave their house or Harlingen for that matter. But still, I am excited for Amanda to go to school and be on her own.

4. I am going to start going to MCC this coming week and begin working on my Alternative Teacher Certification. They are night classes and meet twice a week... its going to be so different than what I'm use to- but I'm excited to start working towards my goal. I'll go to school Spring and Summer and in the Fall I will begin my internship {no worries, its a paid internship!}. Depending on my evaluations, I can stay at that same school or look elsewhere.
5. Britt went back to work today after being off from work for 2 weeks. It was wonderful to not have to be anywhere or follow a schedule. We had fun just hanging out at the house working on some things we'd never gotten to... its going to be weird not having him around the house so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment