Yes, you heard it first here!
Britt had a doctor's appointment this morning and got cleared to start putting weight on his foot! WOOOOHOOO!
The doctor was very pleased with Britt's foot and said it was healing nicely. The swelling has gone down significantly and it doesn't look NASTY anymore :) {Seriously, I'll post pics later, you can see for yourself}
So... he cleared Britt to start walking without using his crutches!! Short distances only, of course. {No trips to the mall yet!} That was definitely what Britt {me too}was waiting to hear. He even walked out of the consultation room to the appointment desk without his crutches. We even forgot his crutches by the door! Obviously we got too excited. He did, however, leave his crutches in the car when I dropped him off at work.
On that note, he was disappointed to hear that he still can't drive. We'll have to wait 5 more weeks for that.
I'm going to go off on a tangent now.... so we have a new President (Elect). WOW! Sure, it wasn't the result I was hoping for; I was even a bit nervous, ok, a lot nervous. But then we heard him speak last night and WOW... we got chills. He gave an amazing speech; one that definitely inspired hope. Last night was such an amazing event in our nation's history. And we got to witness it {via the television}. Last night will forever be ingrained in our memories- the night that our country elected the first African American President of the United States. Its awesome to think that our country has reached that place. I hope nobody missed that.
No comments:
Post a Comment