Friday, August 31, 2007

One GREAT Week...

This week was awesome! On Monday, we had the opportunity to go on one of the coolest double dates ever. Our good friend Angie and her boyfriend Jordan took us horseback riding out in McGregor. Jordan's family lives on 1,000 acres outside of Waco. We had a great time. Our ride stated at sunset and ended under the bright full moon. Britt rode a 5 year old quarter horse named Sky Boy and I rode on a 10 year, super tame horse called Star. I was scared at first, but I got use to riding and ended up doing pretty well for a first timer. After our ride together, the boys took their horses out to an open field and went running. You don't realize how fast horses can run until you see it up close. Britt felt like something out of Braveheart. You could tell it fired him up.




We were also able to hang out with our good friends Luke and Maci Wilson a couple times this week. On Thursday, Maci and I cooked dinner for the boys when they got off work. We had a great meal (Zippy Chicken!), good laughs, and even a game of Green Weenie (a game of dominoes; ask Britt's family, its not as weird as it sounds).

After a hard week of work, we spend Friday night with our dear friends, Grant and Sarah Williams, their cute kiddo Rhett, Sarah's sister Alexa (who is now a freshman at Baylor) and her friend. For those of you who don't know, Grant and Sarah lived in Sri Lanka with Britt and I when we first met. They are our first friends as a couple. Its always so refreshing to hang out with them. We had a blast!


We are really looking forward to a chill weekend; we've both had a really crazy week. It will be good to rest up because we're off to Chicago next weekend for a wedding!

2 comments:

walkers said...

so fun! i wish i did all that stuff:) you are a doll, I love seeing you too! a

walkers said...

you have been tagged, look at my blog and you will understand!