Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Lost for Words...

Yes, it has been a while since I updated ... And the reason for that is because I am simply at a loss for words. Things are hard for me to talk about lately... but I've found that when I do talk about them, I sometimes feel better. Luckily, we've been really busy and that is a blessing, I think. So here goes... here is what we've been up to lately:

* A couple weeks ago we helped out at a art auction benefiting the Grace House. The Grace House is run by our church and is basically set up to help women facing drug & alcohol addictions. It is a wonderful project headed up by some amazing friends... we loved being able to help. Britt was able to be the auctioneer for the live auction... you can imagine how much fun he was able to have doing that! The auction went amazing and I hear they raised around $7,000! 

*We also got to get dressed up in our cowboy gear for our church's Volunteer Hoe-Down! Of course for Britt, he just dressed normal. We got to laugh and hang out with friends we hadn't seen because of our busy schedules. Oh! I almost forgot! They had square dancing! It was my very first time .. and I loved it! We had a blast!
*Our little garden is kinda getting out of control... I definitley need to prune it! It's been fun for me to take care of our little plants... and of course, not killing them is a plus too!

*Last week Britt and I went to Harlingen to visit the family, but also to attend my best friend's wedding! Words cannot express how happy we all were to be part of Sandra and Marty's big day. And, my dad felt good enough to come to the wedding with us! It was really good to have both my mom and dad there with us. 
  
* Speaking of my dad... he is still fighting the cancer. Its been such a long process already and its only been 3 months since he was diagnosed. He has completed his first full round of chemotherapy and his scans came back with good results! We were so thrilled! The chemo is working and the mass shrunk significantly. He still feels sick here and there, of course, but I couldn't be prouder of my dad; He is such a fighter. 
 

No comments: