Monday, October 3, 2011

Reid: 3 months!

Sweet little Reid... you turned 3 months this weekend! You've already lived through a quarter of your first year on earth. What do you think so far? I hope you've loved it because we sure have!

I love how happy you are Reid. You are such a joy to be around little one and your joy is so contagious!
I love to hear you giggle and squeal. Seriously, you do it all day long and it makes me so happy!
I love the little tuft of hair in the middle of your head. It refuses to be brushed down or to the side; it just sticks up like a peacock. It's so adorable.
I LOVE your pouty little lips and full cheeks. Need I say more?
I love the many faces you make, like when you're about to smile, when we pour water over you during bath time, when the wind hits your face on our walks, or the look you give me when I swaddle you for your nap time. It's as if you're saying, "Yea right, I'm not going down for a nap."
I love how you light up when you hear your dad's voice or see his face. Already, no one can make you laugh like he can.
Reidly Roo, we love you so much!

happy 3 months Reid!


my growing boy!
This month you've been exploring the many ranges your voice can have. Your giggles and laughs are getting louder and deeper. You're also babbling a TON more. We often wake up to your cute little babbles and wonder how long you've been awake. You seem perfectly content to be laying in your crib talking to yourself and maybe the animals on your mobile. Once we actually turn the mobile on you squeal with delight.

We also tried out the bumbo seat. You weren't so thrilled at the beginning, but you grew to like it. Sometimes you're still not sure what to do when you're in it. But you're definitely prefer sitting over laying down, propped up of course. Your favorite is to lean against mommy or daddy and watch tv or join in on the conversation! Its amazing to see how strong you've gotten in the past few months. You hold your head up like a champ and love to sit and look at the world around you. You're so observant little one! 

bumbo fun!
his head might be too heavy... might.

 I've also tried to introduce some toys to you.. you don't seem to care for them yet. Because who really needs toys when you have your hands to play with? Your hands must be really yummy little Reid, because man are they always in your mouth! Your dad really didn't want to let you chew on your hands because he is afraid it'll turn into a nasty habit.... but we can't stop you now. The closest you do come to playing with toys is when I lay you down on your play mat and you kick the toys with your strong legs. I'm not sure if you understand the correlation between the kicking and the sound they make yet, but you still do it.

toys.
sitting on your throne.
hey there, hand chewer. 
tummy time!
  We've also been spending more time outside now that the weather has decided to play nice. We've enjoyed several beautiful fall days here in Waco and you've loved being outside! You love to look around at the bright blue sky and the green (well, almost green) trees. We love going on walks with you because its a nice time for your dad and I to catch up on the day, but you think we're talking to you! We love it!
enjoying the lovely weather we've had with the Joey Joes.
  You had your 2 month shots this month and it was awful - for all of us. It was so hard to see you have to go through that... but the nurse swore you'd thank me one day. I'm not really sure you will, but it'll keep you safe and healthy we hope. At that same check up we found out you weighed 16.2 pounds (98th %-ile) and measured 24 inches long (68th %-ile). You are one chunky monkey! I'm sure you've gain a few more pounds since then... I definitely feel a difference every time i pick you up. You've also outgrown most of your 3 month clothes and are now sporting 6 month clothes; we were not prepared for this! Most of your 6 month clothing is winter gear since you'll be 6 months in January. Needless to say we've had to do some shopping, which is okay since you love to stroll through the mall. :)
such a serious face!

there's my smiling boy!

this is the face he makes when we pour water on him. 

This is the face he makes when the breeze hits him.
 Little Reid, do you know how happy you've made us? Gosh, sometimes we act like crazy people just watching you be your cute little self! We get so excited over every little (or not so little!) coo, giggle, and laugh. We definitely count ourselves blessed to be your parents! We sure do love you, little one. Happy 3 months Reid!




1 comment:

Lauren said...

ooohhhhmygoodness, i LOVE him. such a sweet boy! oh, i've gotta kiss those cheeks!