You've certainly enjoyed your 2nd month with us and you've showed us by SMILING! and giggling, too. Little Reid, you melt our hearts every time you do it. Its the cutest little grin, almost mischievous. Your dad and I keep saying we're going to have a hard time disciplining you when you get older because all you'll have to do is flash us that sweet smile of yours and all will be forgotten! (Well, maybe not. But its a nice thought.)
You've also begun to find your voice. You're cooing, growling, yelling, and babbling. I just love to hear your little voice! I actually have quite the collection of short videos on my phone of you, the only problem is that as soon as I whip out my phone to record your cute babbles, you stop doing it! It helps if there's two of us, one to make you laugh and one to document it. Here is a video of you chatting with your dad. (This is one of the first times he was responding to us when we talked to him!)
Here is one that makes me crack up. You were so cute cooing while I was fixing dinner the other day. So i whip out my phone and all of a sudden you started to growl...
As much as you sleep through the night, you're not a great napper. But that's okay, I think I'd rather you sleep at night with the rest of us. :) Here are a few pics I got of you sleeping.
| "touch down!" |
| Look at those cheeks! |
| You're favorite way to sleep: feet together and arms out. |
Pawpaw and Dee (great- grandparents) made the trek to Waco to meet you. They were so thrilled to meet their 2nd great grandson. You definitely hammed it up by smiling and giggling with Dee - she was over the moon! Afterwards we all went to On the Border for a fun family dinner.
| with Pawpaw and Dee |
| Knightons & Gulleys |
We've had so much fun with you already! One of the more fun things we've done is come up with nicknames for you little one. We've kind of gone overboard.... but here is a list of names we call you so far. We'll see which ones stick: Reidley, Reidly Roo, Reidle Roos, Roots, Rooter, Reidley Rooter, Roodle Roots, Bubbles, little bear and I think that's all. I think we lean towards calling you 'bubbles' more and it all started with your dad calling you 'bubba' and somehow it turned into bubbles. Hopefully we won't be calling you that when you're 18! I promise we'll find something less embarrassing to call you!
Some of your favorite things this month are: sleeping, going on walks outside, looking at your mobile, bath time, being talked (and sung) to, and being in your swing.
Some not so favorite things this month are: the heat, the sun in your eyes.
| morning stroll with mom. |
| Bath time! |
1 comment:
so precious! i love his hair! i think Hallie is on her way to giving us some heart-melting smiles!
Post a Comment