Monday, March 7, 2011

weekend

since I was (and still am) recovering from the flu/nasty cold (that's what remains now) the weekend was pretty low key.

ESPN's College Game Day came to Waco, TX and Britt decided to make a sign and venture out to be a part of that great day. I only wish it had a better ending. One that didn't make my husband sulk for hours when he got home. I really don't understand the type of fan that Britt is. I just don't get it. Maybe that's just one of the mysteries the Bible refers to...

Since I'd been cooped up in the house all week, we decided to do something fun on Sunday - we registered for our little boy at Target. Why I thought this would be fun is beyond me. I was so overwhelmed! There are so many choices, I was definitely not prepared for what lay ahead. Thankfully, my hubs took charge and the "gun" and started zapping away. We walked away a couple hours later unscathed. I was exhausted but also really excited. It made things more real for us... we were selecting items for our little man. Ah!

Later that day we went to visit our sweet friends who just had their baby. Baby Pierce came into the world on Saturday after being 11 days late. Kami is my new hero - what a trooper! My favorite part of getting to see baby Pierce was getting to see Britt with baby Pierce - he was so sweet! He doesn't give himself enough credit, Britt is great with kiddos.

I cannot wait to see Britt with our little guy, I'm sure I'm bound to fall in love all over again. And in just 16 weeks (where did the past 24 weeks go?!?!) I'll finally get see it.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

so excited for y'all friend!