Wednesday, April 7, 2010

one of those days

today has definitely been one of those days. our precious little joey woke me up barking/yelping at 4:45 am. after I let him out, I went back to sleep and completely slept through my alarm! I woke up frazzled at 7:21 am and tried to get ready asap. so needless to say, i don’t like what I choose to wear and I could have paid more attention to my hair {just a tad more}- that in itself threw my day completely off… and from then on, it’s just been that kind of day today.

sadly, I tend to be one of those people who “throw the baby out with the bath water” … but not today. I decided that it’s okay to be mopey for a bit, but I’m not going to let it ruin my evening.

so I decided to go back and think of the things that did go well, even if it didn’t have to do anything with me.

- one of my student workers {who graduates next month} found out she landed her dream job

- most of my student workers will be returning for the fall semester – they’re so fun and make me laugh throughout the day

- I had a nutzo ice cream cone after lunch

- we got our landscape plans for the backyard from our landscaper!

- my sister got her stitches removed today

- we have life group tonight

- I listened to awesome, inspiring music at my desk – thank you Pandora!

i know this is so cliche to say, but i'm thankful for the small, simple things in life... the things that make me smile when all the big{ger} things go wrong. i hope you're able to recount the little, good things that happened today!


enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were big things.

- robert brault


No comments: