Wednesday, September 3, 2008

a funny thing happened today...

I decided to make myself some lunch before heading out to study today. I grabbed a "pre-cooked" hamburger patty from the freezer and put it in the microwave. I glanced at the package and saw "8 minutes in the microwave" in bright yellow lettering.... so naturally, I didn't think twice when it pushed the 8 on the microwave. Well, 7 minutes later, I'm standing by the microwave and I start to notice smoke. I look around and see that its EVERYWHERE. I can't believe I hadn't noticed it before! (I must have been really hungry!) I stop the microwave and take out what's suppose to be my lunch and its completely charred... its even crisp. Apparently, it takes 8 minutes to cook 4 hamburger patties... it only takes 2 minutes to cook one. Yep.

So now, my entire house smells like a fire pit. And even worse, we have life group tonight.. here! I've lit so many candles, opened the back door, the fans are on...all in attempts to have the odor disappear or at least mask it. Lesson learned folks- next time I'm just making a sandwich- or heading over to Panera!

Since I haven't posted pics in a while, here is a hodge-podge of some from the past month.