Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Life lately


On Sunday, we bought a lawn mower. Us... A lawn mower. Because we have a lawn now that we have to mow.
We were standing in front of a neat little row of shiny, red lawn mowers at Lowe's and Britt turned to me and said, "Well, which one do you think we should buy?" I had absolutely no idea. They all looked the same to me, yet they all claimed to do something the lawn mower next to them didn't do. We finally decided on which one to purchase and headed home to get the lawn mowed. Well, Britt actually did the mowing, I stayed inside and cooked dinner. Now you're probably thinking, why is she going on and on about a stupid lawn mower... well friends, because we've never had one and never had a lawn that we cared about!!
Its one of the many things that have happened lately that make owning our own house so much more real. {Because apparently living in it for the past three weeks isn't enough, I know} The whole process has been quite surreal and sometimes, we'll just look at each other and say, "Is this really our house? Is this real?" I love it. We've been so blessed.

1 comment:

Taxi Driver said...

Nice post; we just bought our first house, and--lawn mower.

My wife and I met in Texas while working with Mercy Ships, but we haven't been to Waco.

Blessings,
-ML