Monday, November 19, 2007

Trip to the Valley

Britt and I spent our first weekend apart since we got married. I know its not a big deal to most, but it was to us. I went back home for my grandmother's 99th birthday and Britt went to Fort Worth to see his grandparents and visit with his best friend since high school. Britt is suppose to blog and post pictures from his trip, although I'm not sure when that is going to happen, but here are some from my weekend.
It was a great trip though, I really enjoyed getting to spend time with my parents, sister, and friends. My abuelita was sooo excited. A lot of my family came in to Harlingen just to see her for her birthday.
Here's the thing- I've always known I have a BIG family, but we never really knew just how big it was. Here's a little glimpse of what kind of numbers we're talking about: My grandparents had 12 children. She has 67 grandchildren, 125 great-grandchildren, and 8 great-great-grandchildren. And the family is still growing! Its amazing that I am related to so many people!
We had a celebratory service on Sunday morning for my grandmother. It was awesome! We found some old pictures of the family and were able to show them on the projector; abuelita was speachless. It was a very touching weekend and I am so grateful for her. She is such a strong woman and her faith in God is inspiring. We are so blessed as a family to still have her with us.

The man on the far left, top row is my grandfather. This was the first time we had ever seen a picture of him. He died when my mother was very young.

This is my grandmother and most of my aunts and uncles.

These are some of the grandchildren.

And, these are some of the great-grandchildren.

These are the people that married in :)

My sister, grandma, and I (grandma never looks at the camera)

2 comments:

walkers said...

wow, what a legacy! you look beautiful in all of these pictures. i am glad you posted again, i love catching up on your life. and what about brad wommack???

Sarah W said...

oh - my Lela never looks at the camera either!! I love these pictures of your HUGE familia. And I read Adrianna's comment - I watched the Bachelor too - I was shocked that he picked nobody!!! can you say committment issues?